Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Counterintelligence (CI) is
|“||[t]hose activities which are concerned with identifying and counteracting the threat to security posed by hostile intelligence services or organizations or by individuals engaged in espionage, sabotage, subversion or terrorism.||”|
|“||information gathered and activities conducted to identify, deceive, exploit, disrupt, or protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted for or on behalf of foreign powers, organizations, or persons, or their agents, or international terrorist organizations or activities.||”|
|“||information gathered and activities conducted to protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted by or on behalf of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.||”|
|“||1. That phase of intelligence covering all activity designed to neutralize the effectiveness of adversary intelligence collection activities. 2. Those activities that are concerned with identifying and counteracting the security threat posed by hostile intelligence services, organizations, or by individuals engaged in espionage, sabotage, subversion, or terrorism.||”|
- ↑ NATO Standardization Agency, NATO Glossary of Terms and Definitions 2-C-18 (2008) (full-text).
- ↑ Executive Order 12333.
- ↑ Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, at 53.
- ↑ OPSEC Glossary of Terms.
See also Edit
- Army Counterintelligence
- Army Counterintelligence Center
- Attorney General Guidelines for FBI Foreign Intelligence Collection and Foreign Counterintelligence Investigations
- Counterintelligence activities
- Counterintelligence Analytical Research Data System
- Counterintelligence aspects
- Counterintelligence Automated Investigative Management System
- Counterintelligence collection
- Counterintelligence Division
- Counterintelligence Field Activity
- Counterintelligence investigation
- Counterintelligence operational tasking authority
- Counterintelligence operations
- Counterintelligence production
- Cyber counterintelligence
- Defense Counterintelligence and Human Intelligence Center
- Foreign counterintelligence
- National Counterintelligence Board
- National Counterintelligence Center
- National Counterintelligence Policy Board
- National Counterintelligence Strategy of the United States of America
- NGA Office of Counterintelligence
- Offensive counterintelligence operation
- Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence
- Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive