Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mobile devices have increasingly become tools that consumers use for banking, payments, budgeting, and shopping. This report presents findings from an online survey, conducted in December 2011 and January 2012, examining the use of mobile technology to access financial services and make financial decisions.
Key findings of the survey include:
- Mobile phones and wireless mobile Internet access are in widespread use
- The ubiquity of mobile phones is changing the way consumers access financial services
- Mobile phones are also changing the way consumers make payments
- Perceptions of limited usefulness and concerns about security are holding back the adoption of mobile financial services
- The "underbanked" make significant use of mobile financial services.