Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Computer security (COMPUSEC) (also called automatic data processing security) is
"Computer security is a set of policies, procedures, and practices which are designed to assure that
- - unauthorized uses of data processing resources (i.e., hardware, software and data) are prevented or at least significantly inhibited and
- - authorized uses of these resources are carried out as reliably, accurately, and with as little interruption and loss as possible."
- ↑ U.S. Department of Defense, Joint Pub. 1–02: DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Nov. 8, 2010, as amended through May 15, 2011) (full-text).
- ↑ Privacy and Civil Liberties Policy Development Guide and Implementation Templates, App. E, Glossary.
- ↑ Glossary of Communication Electronic Terms, at 2-43.
- ↑ NIST Special Publication 800-4, App. D, Glossary.
- ↑ Information Technology: Security of Computer Systems, at 1.
See also Edit