Computer security (COMPUSEC) (also called automatic data processing security) is
"Computer security is a set of policies, procedures, and practices which are designed to assure that
- - unauthorized uses of data processing resources (i.e., hardware, software and data) are prevented or at least significantly inhibited and
- - authorized uses of these resources are carried out as reliably, accurately, and with as little interruption and loss as possible."
- ↑ U.S. Department of Defense, Joint Pub. 1–02: DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Nov. 8, 2010, as amended through May 15, 2011) (full-text).
- ↑ Privacy and Civil Liberties Policy Development Guide and Implementation Templates, App. E, Glossary.
- ↑ Glossary of Communication Electronic Terms, at 2-43.
- ↑ NIST Special Publication 800-4, App. D, Glossary.
- ↑ Information Technology: Security of Computer Systems, at 1.
See also Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.