Computer performance is characterized by the amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system compared to the time and resources used.
Depending on the context, good computer performance may involve one or more of the following:
- Short response time for a given piece of work
- High throughput (rate of processing work)
- Low utilization of computing resource(s)
- High availability of the computer system or application
- Fast (or highly compact) data compression and decompression
- High bandwidth/short data transmission time.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|