Computer intrusion is
|“||[a]n incident of unauthorized access to data or an automated information system.||”|
A number of U.S. federal criminal statutes relate to computer intrusion:
- 18 U.S.C. §1028. Fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents, authentication features, and information.
- 18 U.S.C. §1029. Fraud and Related Activity in Connection with Access Devices.
- 18 U.S.C. §1030. Fraud and Related Activity in Connection with Computers.
- 18 U.S.C. §1362. Communication Lines, Stations, or Systems.
- 18 U.S.C. §2510 et seq. Wire and Electronic Communications Interception and Interception of Oral Communications.
- 18 U.S.C. §2701 et seq. Stored Wire and Electronic Communications and Transactional Records Access.
- 18 U.S.C. §3121 et seq. Recording of Dialing, Routing, Addressing, and Signaling Information.
- ↑ U.S. Department of Defense, Joint Pub. 1–02: DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Nov. 8, 2010, as amended through May 15, 2011) (full-text).