|| means any of the following:
- (A) Any item, other than real property, that is of a type customarily used by the general public or by nongovernmental entities for purposes other than governmental purposes, and that —
- (i) has been sold, leased, or licensed to the general public; or
- (ii) has been offered for sale, lease, or license to the general public.
- (B) Any item that evolved from an item described in subparagraph (A) through advances in technology or performance and that is not yet available in the commercial marketplace, but will be available in the commercial marketplace in time to satisfy the delivery requirements under a Federal Government solicitation.
- (C) Any item that, but for —
- (i) modifications of a type customarily available in the commercial marketplace, or
- (ii) minor modifications made to meet Federal Government requirements,
- would satisfy the criteria in subparagraph (A) or (B).
- (D) Any combination of items meeting the requirements of subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (E) that are of a type customarily combined and sold in combination to the general public.
- (E) Installation services, maintenance services, repair services, training services, and other services if —
- (i) the services are procured for support of an item referred to in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D), regardless of whether such services are provided by the same source or at the same time as the item; and
- (ii) the source of the services provides similar services contemporaneously to the general public under terms and conditions similar to those offered to the Federal Government.
- (F) Services offered and sold competitively, in substantial quantities, in the commercial marketplace based on established catalog or market prices for specific tasks performed or specific outcomes to be achieved and under standard commercial terms and conditions.
- (G) Any item, combination of items, or service referred to in subparagraphs (A) through (F) notwithstanding the fact that the item, combination of items, or service is transferred between or among separate divisions, subsidiaries, or affiliates of a contractor.
- (H) A nondevelopmental item, if the procuring agency determines, in accordance with conditions set forth in the Federal Acquisition Regulation, that the item was developed exclusively at private expense and has been sold in substantial quantities, on a competitive basis, to multiple State and local governments.