The overall objective of the Cloud Standards Coordination (CSC) initiative led by ETSI was to identify a detailed map of the standards required to support a series of policy objectives defined by the European Commission. The initiative attracted cloud industry players, public authorities, user associations and more than 20 standards setting organizations to work collectively on this objective.
The report provides:
- A definition of roles in cloud computing;
- The collection and classification of over 100 cloud computing Use Cases;
- A list of around 20 relevant organizations in cloud computing standardization and a selection of around 150 associated documents, standards and specifications as well as reports and White Papers produced by these organizations;
- A classification of activities that need to be undertaken by cloud service customers or cloud service providers over the whole cloud service life-cycle;
- A mapping of the selected cloud computing documents (in particular standards and specifications) on these activities.
Finally, the report offers a set of recommendations on the way forward. The analysis shows that cloud standardization is much more focused that anticipated and that standards are maturing in some areas.