Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Cloud Computing Executive Steering Committee (CCESC) was established by the Federal CIO Council to provide oversight for the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative (FCCI). The CCESC is led by GSA CIO and its membership includes IT executives from more than 15 Federal Agencies and Bureaus.
The CCESC's mission is to ensure strategic focus on the following:
- Strategies, planning (budget, resource and technical), and deliverables for implementation of the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative vision, goals and objectives.
- Coordination with the Federal Enterprise Architecture for compliance, convergence and optimization of IT infrastructure.
The committee consists of an overall advisory council and these four subgroups:
- The communications subgroup provides information on the status of cloud computing in the federal government and is planning an information portal for the "www.apps.gov" storefront.
- The operational excellence subgroup examines cloud computing implementations at federal agencies, assists agencies in evaluating potential applications for cloud computing, and identifies possible improvements to the storefront.
- The standards subgroup is helping develop standards related to interoperability and portability of cloud computing services.
- The security subgroup is addressing several issues related to information security and cloud computing.