Cheating is to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
Examples of cheating are:
- rigging a deck of cards in your favor
- having extra cards on your person that you can substitute at any time
- using techniques or strategies that are against the rules
- with regard to video games
Legal doctrine Edit
Under the law, cheating or fraud is defined as any person who knowingly and willfully:
|“|| (1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or (3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry.
- ↑ 18 U.S.C. §1001