The Centre for eGovernance Development (CeGD) has seven objectives:
- To increase efficiency and to improve democratic and economic processes in Southeast Europe (SEE) by building an open Information Society.
- To support the eGovernance programs of the participants in the eSEE (Electronic SEE) and bSEE (Broadband SEE) initiatives.
- To serve a single regional coordination point and build a network of programs and training nodes in the field of eGovernance.
- To disseminate the information and good practices by facilitating training and advising leaders and regional governments in the use of ICT.
- To develop and facilitate optimal institutional linkages and relationships among the countries of SEE (experiences, leadership, relationship with donors and governments)
- To encourage regional ownership and be closely coordinated with those regional initiatives that would benefit from SEE eGovernance initiatives.
- To enable strong participation and benefits for regional governments that support monitoring, design and implementation of policy-related elements of the modern Information Society.
- Greek Interoperability Centre.