The Central and Eastern European Networking Association (CEENet) is an association of national organizations which focus on the academic, research and educational networking.
CEENet membership comprises of 23 national research and education networks from the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey and Uzbekistan.
The primary mission of CEENet is to co-ordinate the international aspects of the academic, research and education networks in Central and Eastern Europe and in adjacent countries.
This mission is achieved by fulfilling the following objectives:
- The promotion and support of the technical and organizational collaboration between national research networks;
- The support and organization of conferences, workshops and courses;
- The preparation and submission of project applications to European and other international organizations for promotion of the development of research networks;
- The formation of working parties to undertake technical activities which comply with the objectives of the Association;
- The publication and distribution of relevant documentation, brochures, magazines, in particular through the use of electronic media;
- The promotion and support of the development and establishment of corresponding national network services;
- If necessary the establishment and operation of joint network services and technical facilities;
- The safeguarding and pursuit of the common interests of the Association and its members in relation to other Organizations.
- The exchange and provision of operational, organizational and technical information relating to research networks.