CERT-Hungary is the governmental CSIRT of Hungary designated by a Law. It operates within the Ministry of Interior. CERT-Hungary started its operation on July 2013. CERT-Hungary coordinates preventative work and responses against IT security breaches aimed at governmental and municipal systems in Hungary.
CERT-Hungary's tasks include:
- Coordinating responses to serious IT security breaches against government networks and critical information infrastructures.
- Promoting information exchange with the critical sectors.
- Coordinating with national and international counterparts to enhance national readiness measures.
- Being the national point of contact for international CSIRT and CIIP organizations.
- Raising awareness in the field of information and network security.