- Defense Technical Information Center (Department of Defense)
- Office of Research and Development & Office of Environmental Information (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Government Printing Office
- Library of Congress
- NASA Scientific and Technical Information Program
- National Agricultural Library (Department of Agriculture)
- National Archives and Records Administration
- National Library of Education (Department of Education)
- National Library of Medicine (Department of Health and Human Services)
- National Science Foundation
- National Technical Information Service (Department of Commerce)
- National Transportation Library (Department of Transportation)
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information (Department of Energy)
- USGS/Core Science Systems (Department of Interior)
These programs represent over 97% of the federal research and development budget.
CENDI’s vision is to provide its member federal STI agencies a cooperative enterprise where capabilities are shared and challenges are faced together so that the sum of accomplishments is greater than each individual agency can achieve on its own.
CENDI’s mission is to help improve the productivity of federal science- and technology-based programs through effective scientific, technical, and related information-support systems. In fulfilling its mission, CENDI agencies play an important role in addressing science- and technology-based national priorities and strengthening U.S. competitiveness.