Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The U.S. State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) is one of the smaller components of the Intelligence Community but is widely recognized for the high quality of its analysis. INR is strictly an analytical agency; diplomatic reporting from embassies, though highly useful to intelligence analysts, is not considered an intelligence function (nor is it budgeted as one). It provides all-source intelligence support to the Secretary of State and other State Department policymakers, including ambassadors, special negotiators, country directors, and desk officers.
- Authored and negotiated approval of UN General Assembly resolutions (including those related to combating the criminal misuse of information technologies, creation of a global culture of cybersecurity, protecting critical information infrastructures, and taking stock of national efforts to protect critical information infrastructures).
- Participates as subject matter experts in U.S. delegations to ASEAN meetings that focus on cyberspace policy and international security, such as terrorist exploitation of the Internet.
- Represents the U.S. at the UN Group of Governmental Experts.
- Leads U.S. efforts at the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) by sponsoring workshops and providing expertise on critical infrastructure protection, cyberterrorism, and cybersecurity.
- Participates in OAS-CICTE conferences and workshops focused on cybersecurity and counterterrorism.
- Participates in Meridian conference activities.
- Engages in bilateral and multilateral relationships with foreign countries to address a range of cybersecurity issues.
- Prepares analyses of international cybersecurity issues.
- Coordinates the Department of State’s representation to the ICI-IPC, including the International Sub-IPC.