Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The focus of the Budget Formulation and Execution Line of Business (BFE LoB) is to continue to build a "budget office of the future" by promoting information sharing across government agency budget offices. The BFE LoB's goals include improvement and enhancements of
- Efficiency and effectiveness of agency and central processes for formulating and executing the Federal Budget;
- Integration and standardized exchange of budget formulation, execution, planning, performance measurement, and financial management information and activities across the government;
- Capabilities for analyzing budget formulation, execution, planning, performance, and financial information in support of decision-making;
- Capabilities for aligning programs and their outputs and outcomes with budget levels and actual costs to institutionalize budget and performance integration; and
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the Federal budgeting workforce.
BFE LoB will provide the following solutions:
- Technology solutions: providing tools and services agencies can use to enhance budgeting; analysis; document production; data collection, and tracking; and secure collaboration and online meetings, including the infrastructure through which improved processes or tools and services are delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to Government personnel.
- Human Capital solutions: sharing best practices for all budgeting activities; identifying training and educational opportunities; and communicating core competencies for budget analysts along with career path options.
- Governance solutions: providing for year-round coordination via a program management office; furthering the idea of sharing and reuse; and setting standards for data and data exchange.