Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "the ledger (book of records) of all transactions, grouped in blocks, made with a (decentralised) virtual currency scheme."
|“||a type of distributed ledger, comprised of unchangable, digitally recorded data in packages called blocks (rather like collating them on to a single sheet of paper). Each block is then ‘chained’ to the next block, using a cryptographic signature. This allows block chains to be used like a ledger, which can be shared and accessed by anyone with the appropriate permissions.||”|
"The blockchain is seen as the main technological innovation of Bitcoin, since it stands as proof of all the transactions on the network. A block is the 'current' part of a blockchain which records some or all of the recent transactions, and once completed goes into the blockchain as permanent database."
- ↑ Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Virtual Currency & Beyond: Acronyms, Abbreviations and Key Definitions, at 2 (full-text).
- ↑ Virtual Currency Schemes: A Further Analysis, at 33.
- ↑ "Blockchain Technology Glossary" (full-text).
- ↑ Investopedia (full-text).