A bank is
|| any person that is located in a State and engaged in the business of banking and includes —
- (A) any depository institution (as defined in section 19(b)(1)(A) of the Federal Reserve Act);
- (B) any Federal reserve bank;
- (C) any Federal home loan bank; or
- (D) to the extent it acts as a payor —
- (i) the Treasury of the United States;
- (ii) the United States Postal Service;
- (iii) a State government; or
- (iv) a unit of general local government (as defined in section 602(24) of the Expedited Funds Availability Act).
- ↑ 12 U.S.C. §5002(3)(2).
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.