- "[t]he automatic functioning of a machine, system, or process, without the need for human interaction."
- "[t]he use or introduction of automatic equipment in a manufacturing or other process or facility."
"Automation emphasizes efficiency, productivity, quality, and reliability, focusing on systems that operate without direct control, often in structured environments over extended periods, and on the explicit structuring of such environments."
See also Edit
- Automated attack detection, warning, and response
- Automated Biometric Identification System
- Automated clearing house
- Automated Critical Asset Management System
- Automated database
- Automated Export System
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- Automated guided vehicle
- Automated information system
- Automated key distribution
- Automated password generator
- Automated Regional Justice Information System
- Automated Targeting System
- Automation and the Workplace: Selected Labor, Education, and Training Issues
- Automation network
- Automation of America's Offices, 1985-2000
- Automation of Reports and Consolidated Orders System