Australia’s Digital Economy: Future Directions (July 14, 2009) (full-text).
This document outlines:
- why the digital economy is important for Australia
- the current state of digital economy engagement in Australia and why current metrics point to a need for strategic action
- the elements of a successful digital economy
- the role for the government in developing Australia's digital economy
- case studies of Australians who have successfully engaged with the digital economy from a diversity of industries including content, e-health, maps, banking, education, smart technology and citizen journalism.