Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Intelligence Community Directive 301 establishes the roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Deputy DNI for Open Source (ADDNI/OS). The mission of the ADDNI/OS is
|“||[t]o enable all intelligence disciplines to provide timely, relevant and value-added insight to consumers via the National Open Source Enterprise.||”|
The vision of ADDNI/OS is
|“||[o]pen sources are routinely exploited in all intelligence disciplines, facilitated by innovative experts — but with every officer open source capable. Supporting technology is interoperable, and the availability of information resources is maximized by strong public-private relationships, information sharing best practices, and an agile requirements process."||”|
The values of ADDNI/OS are:
- Agility — the ability to respond quickly and effectively to any challenge or opportunity.
- Gestalt — the enterprise we build is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Excellence — in all our actions and activities, providing unparalleled support.
The ADDNI/OS established five goals for the National Open Source Enterprise:
- Source of First Resort. Open source is the source of first resort for all disciplines and the precursor for clandestine and technical collection.
- Guild. Our people are empowered by a guild of experts who champion the use of open sources, by universal training in open source exploitation, and by embedding open sources in the work of all disciplines.
- Global Input. Global input ensures the broadest range of information with relevant sourcing background is accessible to all consumers.
- Single Architecture. A single open source architecture provides optimum access to information — acquired once and shared with all.
- Open Source Works. A robust Skunk Works-like capability anticipates and capitalizes on emerging opportunities driving innovation in tradecraft, analysis and technology.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|