Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An application service provider (often abbreviated as an ASP) is
|“||a third-party that manages and distributes software-based services and solutions to customers across a wide area network (e.g., the Internet) from a central data center.||”|
ASPs are broken down into five subcategories:
- Enterprise ASPs — deliver high-end business applications.
- Local/Regional ASPs — supply a wide variety of application services for smaller businesses in a local area.
- Specialist ASPs — provide applications for a specific need, such as website services or human resources.
- Vertical Market ASPs — provide support to a specific industry such as health care.
- Volume Business ASPs — supply general small/medium-sized businesses with pre-packaged application services in volume.