The framework recommends strict standards for the use, notice, and consent, including that users of facial recognition technology should
- not use the technology to determine an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age;
- prominently notify individuals when facial recognition is in operation;
- obtain specific consent from an individual before storing a photograph or faceprint of that person or sharing any facial recognition data with a third party;
- allow individuals to access, correct, and delete their faceprint information; and
- consider what special precautions might be needed when using a facial recognition system with teenagers.