Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Computer security Edit
An alert is
|“||[n]otification that a specific attack has been directed at an organization's information systems.||”|
|“||[a] formal notification that an incident has occurred which may develop into a Business Continuity Management or Crisis Management invocation.||”|
An alert "indicates that something significant has happened or may happen."
An alert is
- "a [n]otification that an event has occurred or may occur."
- [a] message that calls attention to a notable situation or informs users of changes in the state of a monitored situation.
Search engine Edit
|“||Search engines, like Google, allow you to specify words, phrases or tags that you want checked periodically, with results of those searches [alerts] returned to you by e-mail.||”|
An alert is a
|“||notification, typically in the form of a text or multimedia message, containing time-sensitive information (event details, weather, news, services updates) that are pushed to a mobile subscriber who has opted-in to receive this information.||”|
- ↑ CNSSI 4009, at 5.
- ↑ ENISA, Glossary (full-text).
- ↑ NIST Special Publication 800-150, at 59.
- ↑ Public Response to Alerts and Warnings Using Social Media: Report of a Workshop on Current Knowledge and Research Gaps, at 1.
- ↑ Information Technology Resource Management Glossary, at 5.
- ↑ Wiki.GIS.com, GIS Glossary (full-text).
- ↑ New Media and the Air Force, Glossary 1.
- ↑ Mobile Marketing Industry Glossary, at 3.