Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
INTERPOL's African Regional Working Party on Information Technology Crime was formed in 2005. The group has agreed on following objectives:
- Developing and making expertise available for combating IT crime in the region and inter-regional
- Develop and enhance partnerships with organizations, which deal with IT crime
- Establish, co-ordinate and promote the use of best practices in investigation and prevention of IT crime
- Increase information flow within the regional Computer Crime units
- Promotion of operating procedures standardization in the African region.
The group also agreed on following project:
- To run an awareness program for the top management level for African countries and regional police organizations and to start targeting all African countries with information on IT crime on a regular basis. The Heads of CIDs should be invited to the next meeting of the group to formulate a plan of action to deploy Cyber Crime Units.