Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An adversary is
- "[an] individual, group, organization, or government that conducts or has the intent to conduct detrimental activities."
- "[a] party acknowledged as potentially hostile to a friendly party and against which the use of force may be envisaged."
An adversary can be any individual, group, organization, or government that conducts activities, or has the intention and capability to conduct activities detrimental to critical assets. An adversary could include intelligence services of host nations, or third party nations, political and terrorist groups, criminals, rogue employees, and private interests. Adversaries can include insiders, outsiders, or the two acting in collusion.
- ↑ DHS Risk Lexicon, at 7.
- ↑ Internet Security Glossary 15 (RFC 4949) (Ver. 2) (Aug. 2007).
- ↑ OPSEC Glossary of Terms.
- ↑ Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, at 3.