Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Advanced Counterfeit Deterrence (ACD) is an office within the Department of the Treasury that is dedicated to maintaining and ensuring the integrity of U.S. currency by exploring existing and emerging technologies to deter the counterfeiting of U.S. currency in the U.S. and worldwide. Its goals are:
- To provide information and make recommendations to the Secretary of the Treasury on counterfeiting issues, anti-counterfeiting technologies and advanced digital printing technologies;
- To evaluate and recommend incorporation of advanced security features in the design of U.S. currency;
- To support the development and implementation of technical solutions to deter counterfeiting of U.S. currency;
- To create a cooperative working relationship with government and industry to identify technologies to deter counterfeiting;
- To promote international awareness of counterfeit-deterrence efforts through the internet on U.S. currency features, and Treasury's efforts to deter counterfeiting worldwide;
- To educate the public, and money-handlers, so they may detect, reject, and report suspected counterfeits;
- To provide the public with up-to-date information on the latest currency design series and the security features incorporated to combat counterfeiting.