Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
ASEAN Regional Forum Statement on Cooperation in Fighting Cyber Attack and Terrorist Misuse of Cyberspace (2006) (full-text).
This statement encourages ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) participating states and organizations
- to enact and implement cyber crime and cyber security laws in accordance with their national conditions and by referring to relevant international instruments and recommendations/guidelines for the prevention, detection, reduction, and mitigation of attacks to which they are party, including the ten recommendations in the UN General Assembly Resolution 55/63 on Combating the Criminal Misuse of Information Technologies.
- to acknowledge the importance of a national framework for cooperation and collaboration in addressing criminal, including terrorist, misuse of cyber space and encourage the formulation of such a framework that may include the following proposed courses of action:
- Identify national cyber security units and increase coordination among national agencies;
- Develop national watch, warning, and incident response capabilities;
- Collaborate/cooperate with international and regional agencies for cyber investigation and collection and sharing of cyber evidence and, effective management of resources for mutually beneficial partnerships that foster international cooperation, interoperability, and coordination in fighting criminal and terrorist misuse of cyber space;
- Conduct training/technology transfer and counter-measures, especially digital forensics;
- Reinforce capabilities to protect and recover critical infrastructure, minimize loss, track and trace the sabotage activities on such infrastructure;
- Encourage private sector partnership with the government in the field of information security and fighting cyber crime, including the protection of critical infrastructure;
- Increase public awareness on cyber security and cyber ethics with emphasis on safety and security, best practices, the responsibilities of using information networks and negative consequences from misuse of networks.