- Intelligence in unified land operations.
- The purpose and role of intelligence.
- Intelligence core competencies.
- The intelligence warfighting function.
- The intelligence enterprise.
- The intelligence process.
- Intelligence capabilities.
The principal audience for this publication are soldiers and those Army civilians who interact with the intelligence warfighting function. This publication is the foundation for the intelligence warfighting function and subsequent doctrine development. It also serves as a reference for personnel who are developing doctrine, leader development, materiel and force structure, and institutional and unit training for intelligence.